Fat Loss Tips
In this short section I have presented a few of the top weight loss (FAT loss) tips. I have divided it up into three
subsections: Foods, Exercise and Attitude.
- Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day (instead of 3 main meals).
- Make sure your food intake is around 1800 calories for a woman and around 2000 calories for a man – check out
estimated calorie requirements
for a better estimate. To lose weight you need just a calorie deficit, but only a smallish deficit.
- Do not starve yourself or avoid meals - eating a meal boosts metabolism, going hungry slows your metabolism.
- Eat your meals every 3 hours to avoid hunger, and then there is also no need to snack inbetween!
- Try to eat meals in the ratio of around 50% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 20% of fats.
- For carbs try to choose low GI carbs like oats, brown rice, yams or sweet potatoes.
- Higher GI carbs can be used but make sure you eat a lean protein with these.
- Lean protein is white fish, tuna, chicken, turkey, venison, lean beef.
- Healthy fats - oily fish, flaxseed oil - you can buy blended good oils.
- ALWAYS eat breakfast!!!!
- Try to make breakfast around 500-600 calories and is one of your biggest meals of the day.
- As the day goes on reduce your calories in each of your meals so that your last meal has around 200 to 300 calories.
- Add plenty of green vegetables and large salads (watch the dressing!) to your meals as these contain few calories but require energy to digest and they help bulk out the meal.
- Make sure your last meal is 2 or 3 hours before bed.
- Drink plenty of water!!!! If you drink ice-cold water, your body burns energy just heating it up!
- Try to exercise - a brisk walk, jogging, swimming, etc. Try to do a minimum of 3 workouts per week of at least 30 minutes duration if you are new to exercise and as you get fitter always have at least one day’s rest (no workouts).
- If walking try and do an hour, jogging aim for 30 minutes. You may need to build up to this slowly to avoid injury.
- Stretching is great for giving you a positive mental boost. Try to do a stretching routine once per day.
- Rome wasn't built in a day - so persist.
- Aim to lose only 1 or 2 pounds per week.
- You can't lose it all now - be patient!
- You can have one binge meal per week.
- Try to avoid alcohol (once per week is allowed) as this stops your liver processing fat until the alcohol has left your body.
For more thorough information, with top-notch healthy, fat burning food and recipe advice check out the
Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle book by Tom Venuto or read my
review of Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle.
Burn the Fat
Feed the Muscle
Muscle Gaining Secrets